Decorating a cake can be a daunting task for some people. But with the help of these simple and easy lemon cake decoration tips, you can make your cake look like it came from a professional bakery.
The first thing you want to do is make sure your cake is cool before you start decorating it. If the frosting is still warm, it will melt when you put the decorations on top. You also want to make sure that your knife or spatula is clean and sharp so that you can cut smooth edges on the outside of the cake.
What are the Benefits of Decorating Cakes with Lemons?
Cakes are a dessert that can be served at any time of the day. They have a variety of flavors, textures, and shapes. One way to make them more interesting is by adding some lemon zest.
Lemons are sour and acidic which is why they are used to flavor desserts like cakes. Lemons also have a refreshing flavor which makes them an excellent choice for summertime desserts.
The benefits of decorating cakes with lemons include:
– Tones down the sweetness
– Adds an acidity that balances out the sweetness
– Adds a refreshing taste to summertime desserts
How to Prepare a Lemon Cake
This is a recipe for a lemon cake. It’s very easy to make and will take you no more than 30 minutes.
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9×13″ baking pan with butter or cooking spray.
2) In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar with a fork until they are well combined.
3) In another bowl, whisk together the eggs and butter until they are well combined.
4) Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 3 batches, mixing well after each batch is added. The batter will be thick at this point. Add in the lemon juice and mix it in thoroughly with a spoon or spatula before adding it to the batter (you don’t want any clumps of flour!).
5) Pour the batter into your greased pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
6) Let the cake cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before turning it out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
7) For the frosting, place all of the ingredients into a bowl and mix with an electric mixer until creamy, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
8) When the cake is cooled, ice it with the frosting and top it with lemon slices if desired.
9) Store leftovers in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Different Ways of Adding Lemons on The Cake
Lemons are not just for flavor. They can also be used for decoration and garnish. If you want to add some extra flavor, then try grating the lemon peel and sprinkling it on the cake before baking. Or, if you want to save time and make the cake look prettier, then try adding thinly sliced lemons on top of the frosted cake.
What is Lemon Buttercream Frosting?
Lemon Buttercream Frosting is a type of frosting that is made from butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. It has a sweet taste that is not too overpowering. Lemon Buttercream Frosting goes well with cakes or cupcakes that are yellow.
The ingredients for this type of frosting include butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and lemon juice. The mixture should be beaten until it becomes light and fluffy before it can be applied to the cake or cupcake. Lemon Buttercream Frosting is usually yellow and can be used on any cake or cupcake that has a yellow base to it.
Decorating the Top of Your Layer Cake with Whipped Cream and Sugared Lemons for a Pretty Presentation
Decorating the top of a layer cake with whipped cream and sugared lemons is a quick and easy way to make your cake look more appealing.
Ideas for decorating the top of your layer cake:
– Add whipped cream to the top of each layer.
– Place sugared lemons on the top of each layer.
– Place fresh berries on the top of each layer.